This is a simple alternative to the store bought chicken nuggets. I make a batch every Sunday when preparing for the week so that I always have a quick protein option for any meal.
- 2lbs Organic Boneless Chicken Chicken Breast (cut into bite size bits)
- 1/2 c coconut oil or bacon grease (melted)
- 3/4 c almond flour (fine ground) or almond meal
- ¼ c coconut flour
- 1-2 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- In large bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour and seasonings.
- Line baking sheet with foil and pour melted oil onto sheet
- Place all the chicken pieces onto the sheet with the oil and toss so the pieces are coated
- Slowly add the “flour” mixture to the chicken that’s on the sheet; using your hands and coating the pieces with the flour, and spread evenly over the sheet.
- Once coated, place the baking sheet into the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
COMMENTS: Of course there’s ways to coat each piece of chicken evenly, but my method tends to work and is super quick. Also, coconut flour tends to absorb lots of liquid, so you may want to play with the amount of coconut oil and/or cooking time based on your preference.