After a brief germ encounter that forced me into a little R&R, I’m back to journal my Sugar Detox experience.
Let me first say this about being sick, I totally feel that my illness cleared up much faster due to the lack of sugar in my diet while I was sick, plus all the additional nourishing foods I consumed (i.e. bone broth)
Back in the day, when I had a cold and ate a conventional diet, I would consume (in mass quantities) ice cream, hot chocolate, hot tea & cookies and just about any other comfort food I could get my hands on. Since I’ve made health a priority in my life, my feelings towards food has definitely shifted, I now use food to nourish vs. comfort.
Now, regarding the “detox”, I had a few cravings for warm apple pie a ’la mode, but being that I have celiac and gluten free apple pies aren’t a dime a dozen, I had to come up with an alternative. I made a warm Cinnamon Apple Crumble paired with a cup of coffee with coconut milk. Ok, it’s not like eating a hot piece of pie at a diner, but it had to do….and it did. Find alternatives to the sugary junk you’re craving, have fun with it.
BREAKFAST (Saturday & Sunday)
- Crustless Veggie Quiche
- Slow cooked applewood bacon
- G’mornin Muffins
LUNCH (Saturday & Sunday)
- Shredded chicken & veggies
- More peppermint tea
- “Fried” rice topped with chicken & veggies (Saturday)
- Hamburger patty topped with avocado, grilled onions and prosciutto (Sunday)
SNACK (Saturday & Sunday)
- Cinnamon Apple Crumble
- Raw almonds & green apple
- Beef Bone Broth with a meatball or two (whenever I was feeling hungry)
- Tea Tea and MORE Tea (Roobios & Peppermint were my favs this weekend)
SUPPLEMENTS (in addition to my daily multi-vitamin)
- L-Glutamine 5g in water sipped throughout the day
- Vitamin A 2500 IU
- Vitamin C 400g every 5-6 hours
- Zinc 15mg
Disclaimer: This website contains general information about medical conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such. I do not have any type of medical training. Anything found on this blog is documentation of my journey and experiences only.