There’s nothing like fresh spice muffin early in the morning…or for a snack…or with a bowl of soup. Ok, there’s nothing like a fresh muffin PERIOD. These muffins are just sweet enough to take care of any cravings without being overpowering. PLUS, if you take a look at the ingredients you wont find any refined sugar, so they’re virtually guilt free.
- 3 eggs + 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp each cinnamon, cloves & nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 6 muffin tins.
- Whisk eggs and mix in melted coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla in large bowl
- In medium bowl, mix coconut flour and remaining ingredients
- Sift flour/spice mixture into egg mixture and stir until blended well
- Fill the muffin tins 3/4 of the way
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins, especially the edges, become golden brown
COMMENTS: The recipe is 21 Day Detox friendly. If you want something a little sweeter, add 1 additional teaspoon of vanilla and 1 tbsp of raw honey or maple syrup and sprinkle with coconut sugar.