When going out for sushi, baked spicy salmon rolls were my favorite. Alas, I rarely go out for sushi due to gluten cross contamination and I try to keep white rice to a minimal. So, when the craving struck I came up with this beauty.
- 1lb Salmon – Cut into 6- 2-3 oz portions
- 1/2 Coconut Aminos
- 6 oz Lump Crab
- Sriracha Cream Sauce
- Marinade raw salmon in coconut aminos for at least 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Place marinated portions of salmon onto a baking dish lined with greased aluminum foil (keeps the mess to a minimum)
- Generously cover each piece of salmon with the Sriracha cream sauce (reserve a little for after it’s cooked)
- Bake for 10 minutes (no longer, salmon will continue to cook once it’s out of the oven)
- Remove from the oven and set your broiler to high
- Add 1oz lump crab on top of each piece of salmon and a teaspoon of the Sriracha Cream on top of the crab
- Place back into oven & broil for an additonal 2-4 mins or until sauce on salmon is slightly toasted DO NOT WALK AWAY, you don’t want the sauce to burn
- Remove from oven and let sit 5-10 minutes.
- Carefully place salmon onto a serving plate then drizzle the reserved Sriracha sauce on top.
- Garnish avocado, sesame seeds, green onions, jalapenos or more Siracha (cream or regular)
COMMENTS: If you want a very browned sauce, bake the salmon for 6-8 minutes, then when in the broiler it can go for 4-5, but you still want to keep an eye on it. This is paired well with anytime of veggie, but I prefer to eat lots and lots of salmon rather than filling up on anything else.