These are these easiest macaroons I could possibly make, other than buying them at the store. All it takes is a food processor, an oven and 30 minutes of your time. If you want something a little richer, try my Chocolate Macaroons. They’re just as easy to make and twice as delicious.
- 2 cups dates , pits removed
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place dates in food processor and mix until smooth, add up to 2 tbsp water if needed
- Once dates are smooth, add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended
- Place 1″ ball of macaroon batter onto baking sheet (or whatever size you’re into)
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until golden brown
- Allow them to cool before devouring them (I learned the hard way)
COMMENTS: If your dates are hard, soak them in water for at least an hour. I soak my dates for a day and use the sugary date water for other dishes. Also, the cookies are very sweet, but if you want a little more, drizzle the tops with dark chocolate once they are done baking.