When I was younger, my brother and I loved The Cosby Show. One of our favorite foods was Cliff & Theo’s Bacon-Burger-Dog, it was a close second to the delicious looking hoagies Cliff always ate. Though they never showed it, I could only imagine how awesome it must have been for them. Finally, I made this fictitious meal into a reality and it’s the trifecta of AWESOMENESS! An all beef frank, encased in grass-fed ground beef and wrapped in bacon…get onboard…it’s amazing!
- 1lb ground beef (I use grass-fed, but use what ya got)
- 4 beef hot dogs (I use Organic Applegate Beef)
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- In a medium bowl, mix ground beef and seasoning. Divide into 4 portions, flattening each like an elongated patty.
- In a large pan, cook all of the hot dogs.
- Remove the hot dogs from the heat. Place one hot dog onto each ground beef patty encasing each hot dog so it looks like a large ground beef log.
- Place the “meat log” back into pan, browning all of the ground beef. Add 1/4 cup water at a time to prevent the meat from sticking to the pan.
- Remove cooked meat from pan and carefully wrap 2 slices of bacon around each meat log.
- Over medium heat, gently place the bacon wrapped meat back into the pan, rotating using tongs until the bacon is crisp.
- Remove from the pan and allow to drain onto a paper towel for a few minutes.
- Slice and serve. It goes great with Buffalo Wing Cream Sauce.
COMMENTS: This is lots of meat, so don’t be surprised when you can only finish half. At first glance this might sound appalling, but trust me, it’s a total hit. It can be sliced like a sushi roll as a great appetizer for parties too.