Had some extra spaghetti squash from my “Almost Pho” meal and decided to incorporate it into this weeks frittata. TOTAL SUCCESS! Carbs, far & protein…balanced enough for me!
- 1 dozen eggs
- 2 cups spaghetti squash (cooked)
- 6 pieces bacon (un-cooked & cut into bits)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- On low heat, cook the bacon in a oven-proof skillet until crisp.
- While the bacon is cooking, whisk together the eggs , salt & pepper, set aside.
- Turn the heat up to high; add spaghetti squash to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes
- Pour the egg mixture onto the bacon and spaghetti squash and set the heat to low and cook for 5-6 minutes. Make sure the heat is not too high, otherwise the eggs will burn.
- Once the eggs look mostly cook, place skillet in the oven under the broiler and cook on high for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked.
- Remove from the broiler and slice.