Apple and cinnamon are just a natural pairing. The smell and taste remind me of late fall and the holidays and bring a smile to my face every time. Ok, so bottom line, when I need comfort food, I bake something with cinnamon. The downside for me and baked treats with cinnamon is that I will eat them ALL and wash them down with a huuuuge cup of coffee…no joke.
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1/4 c almond flour – fine grind
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 eggs
- 2 green apples (or whatever your preference is) cut into 1/4″ chunks
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 c maple syrup (the real stuff)
- 1/4 c coconut oil – melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 12 muffin tins
- In small bowl, combine all dry ingredients, being sure to remove any lumps
- In a large bowl, mix together all wet ingredients EXCEPT the apple and coconut oil.
- Gradually blend the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients; once combined stir in the apple and the melted coconut oil, mix together.
- Let mixture sit for 5-10 minutes
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin 3/4 of the way
- Bake for 20 minutes (use the old toothpick in the center trick too)
- Allow the muffins to cool completely before removing.
COMMENTS: The recipe can be Sugar Detox friendly if you remove the maple syrup and adding 1 tbsp vanilla extract. If you want it sweeter, sprinkle some coconut sugar on the top before removing from the oven.
Also, be sure to let the muffins cool completely. The coconut oil will keep the muffins very moist and may break apart if you remove before letting them cool down, but they’re still edible.