Granola is a really easy to make if you have all the ingredients handy. The cinnamon gives it a great flavor if you decide eat it as bowl of cereal, which is the #1 way my daughter eats it, but I prefer it tossed on top of a bowl of berries for a quick snack or dessert.
- 1 cup sliced raw unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup maple syrup – grade b
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium glass bowl mix together all the nuts.
- Add maple syrup and stir until nuts are coated; add cinnamon and blend until everything is coated.
- Spread mix onto baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes; using a metal spatula move the mixture around so it does not burn, cook another 5 minutes or until coconut is brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before eating.
COMMENTS: You can substitute with any type of nut you like, the key is to make sure it’s chopped and not bulky.