I love Italian food and try to make it every chance I get. This frittata was inspired by the freshly ground pork my husband made and of course, my love of pizza.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 Italian pork (recipe below) or Italian sausage
- 1/2 c diced bell peppers
- 1/2 small sweet onion
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- On low heat, brown the pork.
- While the pork is cooking, whisk together the eggs , salt & pepper, set aside.
- Turn the heat up to high; add diced bell peppers and onion to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes
- Pour the egg mixture onto the meat and veggies and set the heat to low and cook for 5-6 minutes. Make sure the heat is not too high, otherwise the eggs will burn.
- Once the eggs look mostly cook, place skillet in the oven under the broiler and cook on high for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked.
- Remove from the broiler and slice.
ITALIAN PORK – approx 2 cups cooked
- 1lb ground pork
- 1 tsp fennel
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients in bowl and using some elbow grease, mix together