Soup is such a great, nutritious and filling snack (or meal). Butternut squash is low-calorie, rich in anti-oxidants and high in Vitamin A. It’s really a no brainer that you want to add this to your diet if you can.
- 2 c butternut squash – cooked/steamed until it’s soft
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- chicken (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Puree the butternut squash and coconut milk together
- Once smooth, add all of the spices
- Pour mixture into pot and on medium heat, cook for 5-10 minutes
- Pour into 2 bowls and add salt, pepper and chicken (all optional of course)
COMMENTS: Fenugreek can be hard to find, I purchased mine at Whole Foods. If you are unable to find, you can add an additional tsp of masala or even curry powder if you have that handy.