This is a deliciously simple dessert to make, even though the title is a mouth full. Seriously, it sounds way more complicated than it is. I know, vinegar and berries? Trust me, it’s unusual, but it works. The bitterness of the vinegar, the sweetness of the berries and the buttery/salty biscuit make for an amazing treat.
- 1 c berries (fresh or thawed)
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp water or juice from the thawed berries
- 1/2 tsp – 1 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 2 Country(ish) Biscuits
- 1/2 c Coconut Creme Topping (optional)
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
COCONUT CREME TOPPING
- Take 1/2 c. coconut creme topping and add both the honey and cinnamon.
- Whip together, refrigerate for at least 5 minutes to allow the mixture to harden slightly.
- In a sauce pan over low-medium heat, combine berries, vinegar and water/juice.
- Allow berry mixture to cook for 5 minutes or until berries are JUST getting soft, but NOT mushy.
- Turn heat off and stir in coconut sugar.
- Place biscuit in a bowl, top with Balsamic-Berries than with Cinnamon-Honey Coconut Creme
COMMENTS: The coconut sugar can be omitted if on a low carb meal plan, the sweetness from the berries really is enough. Also, I recommend you make the coconut creme topping first in order to allow it to harden while you make the berries.