See what I did with the title? I got all “Wheel of Fortune” on ya! 😉
Is there anything worse than injuring yourself? Ok, I know there is, no need to respond.
On top of general mom and wife stuff, I’ve been hitting Jiu Jitsu every night. Nothing has been making me happier than wrestling and choking out a man, something incredibly empowering about it. Anyway, practice got a little rough a few nights ago and I’ve been feeling a slight pain in my side. Nevertheless, I sucked up the pain and went again last night…YIKES! As Julie Roberts said in Pretty Woman “Big mistake…huuuuge!”.
Well, I wont go into all the horribly painful details about it, bottom line…BRUISED RIB! WTF? Ok, so having a bruised rib kinda makes me feel like a bad ass, a tired and in pain bad ass.
My mobility is limited and the pain is killing my appetite so I made Bullet Proof Coffee to get me through the morning. Never heard of it? Whaaaaaa? This stuff is AMAZEBALLS! Ok, just stay with me on this one and don’t freak out until you’ve tried it….amazeballs I said. So this is the way I do it…
- 16 oz. black coffee, use a good and organic brand…so no Foldgers.
- 2 Tbsp Kerry Gold Butter or other GRASS FED butter ( I use salted, but you can use unsalted)
- 1 heaping Tbsp coconut oil
- Pour 8 oz. of hot coffee into Magic Bullet (or other blender)
- Place sliced butter into bullet/blender with coffee and blend for 10 seconds
- Add coconut oil and blend another 5-10 seconds
- Pour blended butter & coconut coffee in a large mug and add remaining coffee, stir
The coffee should come out super creamy and ooooh so good. This will actually carry you through most of the morning and into the afternoon without eating anything else. Google Bullet Proof Coffee for more info on health benefits as well as any concerns you have about clogging up your arteries (FYI it wont).
All I know is I LUVZ ME SOME BUTTERY COFFEE!