I was going to write some cute little story to go along with this, but then changed my mind for 4 good reasons.
- I have a broken finger…again! Typing is proving to be more difficult than it should be. (Damn my love of Jiu Jitsu)
- It’s a beautiful day outside and I wont waste your time with ramblings
- It’ a cookie sandwich, lets get with the drooling
- See reason #1 (this has already taken 5 min)
- 1/2 c + 1tbsp room temperature grass-fed butter (sorry…if you’re totally dairy free try palm shortening, but grass-fed butter in this is heavenly)
- 1-1/4 chopped dark chocolate
- 1 batch cooled Sunny Day Sunbutter Cookies
MAKING THE MAGIC HAPPEN:
- Place 1/2 c butter into medium glass bowl and with an electric mixture, whip the butter just until it’s slighty fluffy
- Place bowl in the refrigerator and start working on the chocolate
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler with 1 tbsp of butter
- Once the chocolate is nice and smooth, remove from heat and allow to cool for 5-10 min, keeping and eye that it’s not hardening
- Remove whipped butter from the refrigerator and gradually mix in the chocolate with the hand mixer at a low-speed
- Everything melting? Don’t worry, everything will be ok
- Place bowl back in the refrigerator for another 15 minutes to allow the mixture to harden slightly
- Once it’s at a frosting consistency you can start making your sandwiches
- You really don’t need instructions for that!
- Another option is just dipping the cookie, tastes just as nummy!
COMMENTS: I’ve made this more than a few times, all in different environments. I’ve had the butter melt when adding the chocolate and even during the sandwich stage. No need to panic, the refrigerator is your friend. Let it harden…it will be ok. ALSO, if you have parchment paper use it to place assembled cookies onto, makes cleanup much easier.