I don’t know about you, but I loath the heat. Luckily I have the Zoku, which is the perfect gadget for impatient people, like myself, in desperate need of a frozen treat. If you don’t have this amazing freezing wonder, you can make popsicles the old fashion way, by using a dixie cup and popsicle sticks. Dixie cups work just as well, just a little slower. Check out iVillage for other ways to make popsicles.
This is such a basic recipe and I feel slightly lazy for even posting it. It makes it look like I didn’t put any thought into dessert. Fine! I didn’t! The slight sweetness of the banana disguises the coconut taste and gives this popsicle an incredibly creamy texture. Num Num Num!!!
- 1/2 c banana, approx 2 (the more ripe the sweeter, but a green tipped will work if you’re on a 21 DSD)
- 1/2 c coconut creme, liquid drained
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- In a blender, puree the banana and lemon juice
- Add 1/2 coconut creme, blend for a few seconds until smooth
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze