I always have leftover chicken that needs a little spicing up, both figuratively and literally. With the recent heat wave, the last thing I wanted to do is turn on the stove and make fajitas, stir-fry or anything else that might require raising the house temperature even 1 degree. With that in mind, once again I scoured my refrigerator to see what I could make with the extra poultry and came up with this delicious salad.
This recipe makes 4 servings and refrigerates beautifully.
- 4 c chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 c asparagus, lightly steamed & chopped
- 1 c red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
- In a large glass bowl combine shredded chicken, mayo, cumin and sea salt
- Add asparagus and bell pepper to chicken mixture and stir together
- Place in refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes
- Add crumbled bacon just before serving