While vacationing on Oahu this month I made up my mind to cook at least 90% of my meals. The easiest way to keep up with that was preparing mug cakes in the mornings and sometimes dessert. Either savory (sausage & veggies) or sweet (lots of fruit), mug cakes are simple, take very little ingredients, time and money.
This Fruity Mac Layer Mug Cake was my absolute favorite. Lots of fresh, locally grown fruit and healthy fats kept me fueled for my Diamond Head hike and didn’t leave me feeling like I was missing out on an indulgent vacation breakfast.
- 1/8c + 2 Tbsp pineapple, crushed
- 1/8c + 2 Tbsp mango, diced
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1/4c + 1 Tbsp macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 c. yogurt (I use coconut)
- Combine 1/8c. pineapple, 1/8c. mango, coconut flour, baking powder, egg, coconut milk and 1/4c. macadamia in an 8 oz. microwaveable mug
- Place in microwave and cook for 2 minutes
- Remove from microwave and flip cake onto a plate (or bowl) and slice into thirds
- Place 1/4c. yogurt on the first piece of cake and top with 2 tsp each pineapple and mango, then top with the next piece of cake and repeat one more time (see image below)
- Top with the remaining piece of cake and place 2 tsp each pineapple, mango and 1 Tbsp macadamia nuts.
- Pau (done)!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT. IT WILL TAKE YOU TO TOP MOMMY BLOGS SO YOU CAN CHECK OUT SOME OTHER GREAT BLOGS.