My 5 “Tips” to Detox
- C lean House. Remove sugary foods from the home and office, out of site, out of mind.
- Plan Plan Plan. Make a meal plan that includes snacks. Don’t underestimate potential cravings. Don’t forget to ALWAYS have a PLAN B
- Drink Water. Stay hydrated to be sure when you think you’re hungry it’s not actually dehydration.
- Sleep. Get enough sleep to prevent cravings due to exhaustion and irritability.
- Exercise. Get your body moving in order to get re-focused. Yoga, a brisk walk or maybe some “Just Dance” will distract you from cravings.
- Meats & Fish (unprocessed)
- Veggies (organic non-starchy)
- Nuts, Seeds & Butters (Almond, pistachio, coconut, chia, pumpkin and sunflower)
- Fats & Oils (ghee, avocado, coconut, animal fats, olive and sesame)
- Dairy (Whole raw milk & heavy cream IN MODERATION)
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Plain seltzer water
- Herbal Tea
THE NO NO LIST:
- Sweet Potatoes/Yams
- White Potatoes
- Grains & Legumes
- Refined Carbs (cookies, bread, cake, muffins, popcorn, pasta etc)
- Spices & Sauces with sugar
- Sweeteners (honey, agave and all other sugars)
- Artificial sweeteners (Truvia, Stevia, Spelnda etc)
Follow my journey by checking out how I prepared as well as my detox meals.
Start your own detox by joining The 21-Day Sugar Detox.